Thursday, December 2, 2010

"THE UGLY TRUTH"

My nicknames growing up were "Pancake" and "RhondaCake".  My Uncle Thurman gave me these nicknames when I was very young.  As a teenager I remember asking him where the names came from.  He said he called me that because I was as thin as a pancake (held sideways).  I guess that made a little bit of sense, however, as a grown up I am far from this definition.

These days the UGLY TRUTH is that I am as ROUND as a pancake! I am not proud of it but I am motivated to do something about it!  The photo below was taken yesterday - December 1, 2010 - the official start of my transformation!  I don't EVER want to look like this again - this is the heaviest I have been in life.  I am determined to get rid of this weight!  My goal is to get rid of 60 pounds!


December 1, 2010

Yesterday was the 1st day of the rest of my life!  I got off the couch and got moving!  I made better food choices. I need you guys to hold me accountable.  I plan to document my journey via weekly updates, no matter how good or bad my week goes.  Keep me in your prayers!

This Journey Is All Mine!

Rhonda

4 comments:

  1. Your choice is very commendable and I want you to know that I see you as a beautiful woman and happen to know I have good taste. I am anxious to see you reach your goal. I love to see people do the things that are challenging as it unconsciously gives others the power to do great things. Keep your eyes and ears on the prize...hear it, see it, live it, and most of all enjoy your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on taking the first step. Check out this link http://olsonnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/30-SFD-Booklet.pdf and get inspired. I did this challenge last January with a friend. It really changed my life and improved my health. My doctor was amazed that in only 3 mos I got my tri-glicerides back on track, lost 20 lbs and dropped 2 dress sizes. I am happy to report that almost a year later, I am still on track and haven't gained a lb back. I am working out 5-7 days a week as well and loving every minute of it. Best wishes! I KNOW you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, I'm on day three of my transformation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it. You blog Dr. Waller and I will too.

    ReplyDelete